How to apply for Government Funding

1. Plan Ahead

You have noticed some Home Care Assistance would be helpful for you or your family member. We urge you to start the process as soon as possible as the demand for Government Home Care packages can mean many months of waiting.

2. Apply for My Aged Care

An Australian Government funded service called “My Aged Care” is the government department where you can register your details and your situation to claim funding for home care services. Call 1800 200 422 or visit You can also have a representative ring My Aged Care on your behalf as authority can be given over the phone.

3. ACAT Assessment

The government’s My Aged Care will assess your situation and if approved, have an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) organise an appointment to visit you. This assessment can take up to 90 minutes, so consider if you or your loved one would like someone to be with you to assist with this interview if required.

4. Approval

The ACAT information is forwarded to My Aged Care and they will review your situation and have the ability to authorise approval based on the information. The level of aged care assistance can be allocated in 4 package levels and you will be notified of this outcome.

5. Package Allocation

Once a package is allocated you will be notified in writing and have 56 Days to choose and nominated a provider such as My at Home Care to deliver your home care services. If you have any questions just call us to discuss.

3h6. My at Home Care

My at Home Care will visit you to organise the services you need and when you would like them. There is also a Home Care Agreement to complete so the program and assistance can start as soon as possible.

Have any questions about home care or need help with costs?

Call My At Home Care on (08) 9554 3298